Monday, November 30, 2015

Trees!

So, I'm woefully ignorant when it comes to the outdoors.  I have a love/hate relationship with camping. I am too inexperienced to go by myself, but when I go with other people I'm always embarrassed by how I don't know how to do even the simplest tasks like making a fire, or even finding the stupid toilets.  In one way, I've managed to find a happy medium: I live in the mountains, but I don't have to sleep outside.  I would, however, like to become a bit more savvy when it comes to my environment.  So I'm starting small.  I wander around the property I live on and take pictures of the trees.  Here is a tree I don't know the name of.  Do you know it?



 
 
I see these trees all over Santa Cruz.  What is it?  Don't make me look it up on CNPS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment