Monday, November 16, 2015

Limbo! How much purgatory can you stand? Also, trees.

Are we moving, or aren't we?  Ha ha. WE DON'T KNOW. It's all a waiting game of interviews and tests and mind games.  I'll let you know when there's any REAL news.  So far, it's back to the hellish status quo.


To take my mind off of this, I've been developing a few projects in the back of my mind.  Nothing too ambitious.  I would love to start quilting again, but that's off the table until I don't have to be toddler-wrangling. That could be years. *shrug*  Until then, I've been using my breaks and lunches at work to knit.  I'm working on two sweaters for the boy. I finished a hat for him (so freaking proud). 



The other project I'm working doesn't have anything to do with yarn. I know. I'm shocked too.  It has to do with learning about the trees on our Creepy Compound.  For someone who went to a college that specializes in forestry, I know nearly nothing about plants.  Yes, yes, I know. I wasted my education. We can shame me for that later.  For now, my plan is to walk around the property (with toddler in tow), and take pictures of the trees.  I'll post them here with my guess as to what they are.  There is, however, a problem with this project. I can only do it on the weekends. During the winter months, I'm only home when it is dark out. I am never home when there is daylight. This makes me sad. But I will make this happen somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment