Friday, March 14, 2014

Book list

According to my coworkers, I'm reading more about pregnancy than they ever did during their own pregnancies.  I hate to admit to them that I'm reading out of anxiety.  I want to make myself aware of most of the potential complications so I have Plans B, C, D, E and OH F in place before my "time" comes. 

Books I'm dragging around with me:

What to Expect When You're Expecting 4th Ed. (of course)
- This book is practically written in bullet point style.  It's ridiculously easy to follow.  I especially like how it details all of the pregnancy symptoms by month.  On more than one occasion, I'll read about a "weird" symptom I thought I had, and it turns out to be harmless and normal.  My friend K loaned me a hardcopy, but I've got it on my Kindle as well, for quick reference.

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- I've only just started this one.  So far, it's all real stories from women about their actual birthing expieriences.  There stories range from joyous to horrific. 

Active Childbirth by Janet Balaskas
- Haven't started this one yet, but it's supposed to have exercises that will help during natural childbirth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment