Friday, April 1, 2016

Sad Anniversary

On April 1st 1999 my mom died.  Her kidneys hadn't been working for a few years, but she was getting along okay on dialysis. However, something went septic in the catheter, and the resulting infection took her down within a week. 

The day I found out she died was probably one of the worst days of my life. I could say it was "the worst," but I've had some zingers, so I'm going to put it firmly in the top three.  It also happened on April 1st, thereby making April Fool's Day the most awkward day of the year for me.  Every freaking year.

Even though she's been gone for seventeen years (that's the age of a surly teenager on the verge of adulthood), I miss her constantly. Especially these days, now that my own son is a special needs toddler, and my Mother In Law is unstable, should be on medication, and is causing me all kinds of problems.  Yeah, I've got challenges and I need my mom to talk to.  I need her yesterday. 

Anyway, I miss you mom. 

1 comment: