Thursday, February 25, 2016

Throwback Thursday February 25th 2016

 
 
 
This is a picture my Dad took of me and my sisters at my graduation from Humboldt State University in 1999.  I graduated literally a month after our mom died.  Even though my sisters and I were more or less estranged at that time (our teen years were VERY tumultuous), they came to see me graduate from college, my greatest accomplishment at that point.  From that time onward, we were a bit closer and kinder to each other.     
 
 
Side notes about this picture: My hair was growing out the black dye I'd been using all through college (oh so goth).  Sister on the right is severely asthmatic and was taking buckets of prednisone which made her puffy and not super-willing to pose for photos in general, so this one is special. Sister on the left's shirt was how I was able to find my family in the audience.  I told her it was like playing Where's Waldo.  The shirt was not premeditated, but coincidental.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet photo!! I'm so glad they came to your graduation. :)
    I remember how happy I was that my brother made the trip for my graduation. :)

    ReplyDelete