Tuesday, December 15, 2015

We suck at Christmas



Here's a picture showing how much my family sucks at Christmas, and why you should pity my poor son.

See this?  That is our tree.  I asked my husband if we could make room in our shack for a real tree.  He said he didn't see a way to do it, and unless I could come up with one, we would simply have to accept our treelessness.  His other argument against having a tree is, we have four cats and a toddler.  At least one of them would try something stupid that would result in a mess and/or a pricey trip to the ER.  Reason number 3: we're crazy-broke right now. Real trees + tree stand + decorations = money we don't have right now.

With nine days before Christmas, I've done something to alleviate the Christmas-shaped hole in my life.  I purchased a plant from Trader Joe's for four dollars. It's shaped like a tree.  I set out the only two ornaments I have (Stefan's 5 month old footprint, and a Costco-made metal picture from last year) in front.  Next to our tree, a bow light I purchased for a dollar at the West Marine sample sale as our make-shift Festivus pole. It's red and green, see? 

More proof that I am the worst mother ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment