Wednesday, January 1, 2014

That's all there is, there ain't no more.

So, I'm married.  Mostly.  I still have to drop the license off at the courthouse, but it's signed. So, married.

D and I discussed it thoroughly.  He doesn't want a circus, and I don't want to spend money, so there will be no wedding.  I'm talking NO WEDDING.  No rings, no cake, no dress, no ceremony, the end.

But we needed our friends to sign the license, so A was our officiant, and K was our witness.  A, in his lovable way, insisted on "officiating," and asked if D took me as his "lawful wedded husband." To which he said, "I do." We laughed, fist-bumped and cheered gay marriage.  So, as non-weddings go, I would say it was a success.

Now I just have to go through the rigmarole of changing my last name.  Frigging, SIGH.

n.b. I wore my red t-shirt showing cats playing Settlers of Catan. Dave wore a black t-shirt with a Wanted poster of Schrodinger's Cat (wanted dead & alive).

2 comments:

  1. Changing your last name isn't that hard. Once you get the Social Security card, the rest falls into place. Having done this in the last year, I'd be more than willing to do whatever I can to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The process has been pretty easy. The hardest part was the DMV renewal. I had to take written tests for both my C and M1 licenses, and I haven't been on a bike in years. :P

      Delete