Thursday, December 19, 2013

Late Night Decisions

I haven't had a blog since livejournal.  I never posted to it regularly, and when I did, I was pretty embarrassed by what I'd written.  Of course, that was more than 10 years ago, and a lot of those issues have long since fallen by the wayside. 

Also, my life has recently taken some very interesting turns for the dramatic, the committed and the long-term.  If you're truly interested, stay tuned. 

Presently, I live in a little cabin on a little chunk of property in a little mountain town in central California with my partner and four cats.  We've been here together for about four years.  I call it the Creepy Compound because of how it looks.  Our cabin is next to the main house where my partner's brother and brother's girlfriend live. There are pick up trucks, a tractor, storage sheds, and a crazy amount of tools lying around.  To say it looks rustic would be charmingly generous.  It could be a convincing spot to film a horror movie, really.  And my partner could be a character in it.  You know, the old guy with a beard who warns the stupid teenagers, "Don't go down that road. Lotta history down that road."

To add to the charm, is a large automatic gate that says KEEP OUT.  We don't get any Jehovah's Witnesses. 

I've been tempted once or twice to walk around the property wearing a prairie dress to freak out the neighbors.  I haven't done that, but one spring, I did dig a patch of earth to plant a garden.  It looked less like a garden and more like a place where bodies were buried. 



So, I've named it The Creepy Compound.  I live here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment