Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Geocaching

On an impulse, I revived my old Geocaching account.  That may have been a mistake. I'm really not good at it.  I've found 16 caches. Total. My whole life.  It's gotten a little embarrassing having to log a DNF (did not find) 3 times in a row.

My decision to start caching again happened because I changed jobs.  Instead of working in a business complex in Watsonville which has no caches near it, I work in an industrial complex in Santa Cruz with a bunch of caches surrounding the building I'm in.  Strangely enough, I work in the same building I worked in  16 years ago when it was owned by a different company. It's walking distance from no fewer than 8 caches.

But I have a limited time to find these caches.  In a month and a half, my employer is picking us all up and moving to yet another building in Scotts Valley.  This gives me about 4 weeks to find the 5 caches I really want to find.  I don't think I'll find them. And I probably won't be able to return on the weekends because motherhood, chores, responsibilities, etc. Basically, because I have a family, I don't get to have hobbies for x number of years.

Anyway. I poked around Natural Bridges for two of them.  I saw some monarch butterflies (yay!) and some used condoms (ew).  I tried to find one over by Antonelli's Pond, but there were two ladies playing with their 3 dogs, and I really couldn't look for it while they were hovering (muggle interference -- the struggle is real). I even trudged past the construction zone to find the ones around the Seymour Center.  No joy.

I just really suck at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment