Monday, August 1, 2016

Baby Weight

I would post a picture, but I don't have a selfie-stick (I probably wouldn't be able to use it very well, if I had one).  I've officially lost every pound of weight I gained while gestating my son. Well, maybe it's better that I don't have a picture.  The results are really not that impressive.  I am, however, fairly proud of myself. 

It took two years to do it, and a number of crossfit classes.  My diet is still pretty awful (I'm like a goat eating garbage most of the time).  But, let me relate a conversation I had with my doctor at my most recent physical.

Doc: "How much weight did you gain with your pregnancy?"
Me: "About forty pounds."
Doc: "And how much have you lost?"
Me: "All but five."
Doc: "Good for you!  Well done."
Me: "Thank you."
Doc: "You know that you're still overweight."

*beat*

Me: "I don't care."
Doc: "Okay, let's move on."
Me: "That would be best."

No comments:

Post a Comment