Thursday, March 17, 2016

Throwback Thursday March 17th 2016 + Happy Everybody's Irish Day

Merry Christmas 1997.  It's Bird o'clock.


In other news, Happy St. Patrick's Day. I don't have a St. Patrick's Day picture from any in my past, otherwise, I'd post that.  Today, I am neither getting drunk, nor wearing anything green.  I did, however, remember to send my son off to daycare in a green shirt.  My kid is NOT getting pinched.  EFF THAT.

Also, I'm thinking of a story from my childhood.  Being raised by a Scotch-Presbyterian mother who was fairly well-educated, she felt it her cultural duty to provide me and my sisters with shamrock pins she made herself.  They were green and orange poster-board shamrocks, decorated with green and orange ribbons.  The orange, of course, was to reflect our Protestant heritage.  I didn't understand, or care, really.  I wore whatever the heck my mom told me to (I wasn't very popular). But I remember my sister grumbling, as we climbed into the mini-van, "If we lived on the east coast, we'd get the crap beaten out of us for wearing these."   

No comments:

Post a Comment