Sunday, June 8, 2014

Gestational what?

Friday was my last day at work.  I managed to print out a full binder full of my work duties that will be ready and waiting for my temp on Monday.

I drove from my office to my next prenatal appointment with Midwife-de jour.  It was then that the nurse noticed something was off with my blood pressure.  Thinking that perhaps it was a mistake, she had another nurse take my blood pressure.  Both times it registered as abnormally high.  Midwife sent me from my exam, straight to Dominican where the labor and delivery people hooked me up to some machines.  I was there for SIX HOURS.

The results were this: Gestational hypertension.  My blood work came back sparkling clean, and I didn't have any other weird symptoms.  It was just my blood pressure that was consistently high.  So, I got a prescription for BP meds and was instructed to go on bed-rest.  Bummer.

I had plans.  I was going to go on a cleaning-frenzy this weekend and as soon as Monday came, I was going to go to the pool and bob around like a cork every day until I went into labor.  Now I'm stuck here until my next medical appointment.  *mope*

No comments:

Post a Comment